Saturday, July 4, 2009

2nd TRAINING SESSION TODAY

Time: 2:30pm
Weather: 81 degrees, no breeze

Animal: Dog, Precious our toy poodle.

1. With Tara in the house I walk our toy poodle out of the garage. I walk her behind a tree and put her in the Carrier, hot dogs on top and one hot dog for Precious. I get Tara out of the house, Smell and 'find it', she runs straight for Precious (approx 25 ft). Both dogs get a treat. Tara goes back into the house.

2. I move precious another 15 feet or so, I hide Precious inside of our slide play structure, further from the house. Tara is on lead, smell and 'find it'. She run's straight for the 1st spot and then proceeds toward the new spot. She looks inside our shed, but is not interested in going in. She the heads straight for precious, finding her. Both dogs again get a treat. Tara goes back into the house.

3. I then move Precious through the yard, zig zagging from one side to the next 2x. I hide precious near our back fence under thick brush. I get Tara. Lead on, smell and 'find it'. She heads again for the first spot, then the second, then she surprised me. She ran straight for the bush and found precious. She did not zig zag through the yard, I'm so proud of her.

Tara seems to be enjoying our game, she did not want to stop this time. I wanted to keep it short since it was getting warm outside and I did not want to overheat her or Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment